Friday, March 9, 2012

I am new in Pittsburgh PA, moved from West Coast. I hear certain items are exempt from sales tax. I know about clothes and shoes, but what else is exempt?|||Food (to be prepared at home), clothing, drugs, textbooks, heating fuel.

Other than that, a Pittsburgh (actually, Allegheny County) resident pays 7% sales tax on goods and services.|||There are also some items at the grocery store, I think paper products are one.

Sad that I've lived here for 20+ years and can't tell you what is or isn't.

Even with tax on all items though, the cost of living here is sooooo much les than the west coast. Welcome to large amounts of expendable income!|||Food from supermarkets (bread, milk, etc) is exempt from sales tax too, but not prepared food from restaurants (weird, huh).|||I'm from Pittsburgh,PA and I'm not sure but i think their might not be a food tax but their is an alcohol tax.

火车采集器
  • top baby names
  • tallahassee2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment