Tuesday, March 6, 2012

i'm not from around pittsburgh and the only reason i'll be there on my birthday is because of the winter classic the next day. my birthday s the 31st of december.. i heard that the south-side is where i want to be? anybody know of good bars down there?|||I lived in South Side for 5 years, and it is pretty much all dive bars, a million in a row. The bars are all very small, and it's difficult to move, talk or get a drink on weekends. If that's the scene you're looking for, definitely go there. I enjoyed it when I was in my early 20's. I just moved though, because I couldn't stand it anymore, people are out of control.

I far prefer Station Square. They have a mix of larger bars that aren't as jammed up with people. They are also a lot nicer of bars. If you like dancing too, there's a good mix of dance clubs there. There's virtually no room to dance at all in South Side bars. My favorite birthday bar is Buckhead Saloon in Station Square. If you let them know that it's your birthday, you get in for free. Everyone with your party gets in for free up til 10:00. Your drinks are all $1 from10:00-midnight, and your friends drinks are all $3 from 10:00-midnight.

http://www.buckheadpittsburgh.com/

You also have Bar Room, SaddleRidge, Steelhouse, Zen, Bar Louie and other places there. For celebrating your birthday with friends, I think it'd be more enjoyable at a nicer/larger bar than a crowded dive bar.

http://www.stationsquare.com/info/nightc鈥?/a>

If you do go to South Side, here's a good tip for you. Don't park anywhere illegal, they've been towing & ticketing every weekend, hundreds of cars per night. Don't park near stop signs, hydrants, or within 20 feet of any street corner. Don't block a driveway or garage. It's nearly impossible to find parking on weekends, so you'll just have to keep cruising until you find something open.|||If you just want to get drunk Southside is a good choice.

If you want to enjoy beer, then google "Sharp edge" or "D's six packz and dogz"

or search drinking related events in Pittsburgh at http://www.eventsburgh.com

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment