Friday, March 9, 2012

See I live in Raleigh nc and I was looking to move to a northern city. I have been to Pittsburgh but not in the winter. I want to move to a city that is cold enough in the winter to play pond hockey. If you have other suggestions of cities to move to for less brutal summers and cold winters please feel free to tell me and I will take them into consideration. Thanks!|||Thanks to the piles and piles of lawyers and irresponsible parents and children, the ponds near me in NY that I grew up playing pond hockey on are now never open for skating. As much as you'll need cold enough weather, you also need either your own pond or to have the local parks open for skating. Good luck!|||To answer your question, yes and no.Pittsburgh weather will give you a roughly 6-8 week period in which pond hockey can be played (Early January-late February). There are a few places in the suburbs such as Canonsburg Lake (Southwest suburb) and Moraine State Park (North). I've skated at Canonsburg.

Report Abuse

|||Eh I don't really know. I live close to Pittsburgh which is Ohio and we get a lot of snow so I'm sure Pittsburgh does as well. I went on Wallace Lake before once in Berea, Ohio 20 minutes from Cleveland, Ohio and skated which was pretty thick but I didn't trust going out far and it was very bumpy. Maybe but I wouldn't trust going out far just in case

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment